Benefits of tea tree oil for hair
Tea tree oil solves hair related problems due to its outstanding antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Here are some of the benefits of tea tree oil for hair:
- It moisturizes your scalp so that it remains free of the itchy and dry scalp, the main cause of dandruff.
- It fights and prevents viral, bacterial and fungal infection, thus keeping your scalp healthy and supports ideal conditions for hair growth.
- Massaging hair with diluted tea tree oil increase circulation of the head and has anti-inflammatory effects.
- It prevents accumulation of dead skin cells on the scalp as well as clearing away the residue of hair products such as shampoos and conditioners. This helps gets rid of dandruff and scaly itchy scalp giving way to long, shiny hair.
- Tea tree oil also balances hair oil composed in the scalp as excess secretion might block the hair follicles, prevent hair growth or cause the hair grow in the wrong direction, which may result in a serious problem.
- Due to its anti-microbial properties, the tea tree oil is an effective cure for lice-ridden hair.
- Tea tree oil has anti-androgenic traits. Anti-androgens are drugs taken by women so as to treat the effects of male sex hormones. Male hormones may cause baldness. The anti-androgenic activity of this oil thus helps decrease hair fall. But, it also means that men should consult with a doctor before using tea tree oil as it may have some undesirable effects on their system.
- Diluted tea tree oil is beneficial for treating scalp issues of kids and babies such as that of cradle cap. Tea tree oil should be used with caution for babies and after diluting it.
How to use tea tree oil for hair
Tea tree oil can be used in many ways to get healthy, beautiful hair. You can buy 100 % pure tea tree oil from vitamin stores, whole shops or beauty/hair supply stores. Tea tree oil soaps, shampoos, conditioners, and body washes can be found at general stores or supermarkets, as well. You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to your common shampoo instead of purchase a tea tree shampoo.
Here are some methods by which you can boost hair growth using tea tree oil:
Massage with diluted tea tree oil and carrier oil mixture for hair growth
Tea tree oil is very strong and may cause allergies to scalp if not diluted prior to use.